Enjoy this easy to make at home T BAR Chai Glazed Ham & impress family & friends this Christmas!!
1 leg ham of your choice
1 cup T BAR Chai Latte Syrup
1 Tblspn Olive oil
Approx 30 whole cloves to decorate (optional)
- Remove ham from fridge 1 hour before cooking
- Heat oven to 160C
- Place the ham on a chopping board and wipe off any excess moisture
with a paper towel
- Peel the top rind of leg ham & remove, making sure to leave the layer of
fat intact by running your fingers gently between the layers to separate.
- With an extremely sharp knife, score into the layer of fat in a diamond
pattern avoiding cutting into the meat
- Place the scored ham on a rack over a baking tray
- Mix together the T BAR Chai latte syrup with the olive oil &
baste the ham before inserting the cloves. Make sure to baste the base of the ham as well.
- Once basted, insert a clove evenly into each corner of the diamonds
- Place prepared ham in pre-heated oven on middle rack and cook for 40
minutes if large ham or 30 minutes if smaller sized, basting every 15 minutes
- Allow to rest at least 30 minutes if you like warm ham or if it's being
served cold make hours ahead of time.
- Before serving keep basting with any glaze that has dripped to the bottom of the tray.
- Place on a serving board, and decorate the bone with rosemary leaves tied with a red ribbon.